Friday, February 29, 2008

Easter is almost here!

Today is Friday the 29th of February. It comes around every four years....or so I'm told. I have no idea why it's so special. I think it's a Gregorian calendar thing or not. Anyway, it gets too complex to wrap my mind around so here's a couple of links if you really care to check it out. Wiki is generally good, but I sometimes think it's a cop out to use it, but here ya go!

S0, for this up coming Easter I have decided a few things. First I am having guests over...at the moment it only consists of one other couple (one other I invited can't make it due to camping schedule conflicts - BOO!). Anywho, we are going to attempt another turkey and some cool dressing or stuffing of some sort. I am waiting for my sister to send me her sweet potato soufflé with coconut recipe (HINT HINT!!!!!! This means get on the ball, Miss Erin!). We shall have the obligatory broccoli casserole and a nice green salad with home made honey mustard dressing (C~ prefers to put that on his turkey as opposed to gravy) and I think I shall try to dig up the Emeril Lagasse creole or cajun oyster dressing.

It seems that I must cook to impress, cuz Brooke insists she is dying to try some awful gooey dessert stuff that is affectionately known as sweet potato soufflé (gag me with a ginsu, why don't ya?) I WILL make it, but it doesn't mean I'll like it LMAO!!!!! I am sorry if I offend lovers of the loverley sweet tater concoction out there, but for me, all they need is a little buttah, forget all that othuh stuff....HUNNEH!



I'm pretty sure that THIS is the recipe I'll use for the oyster dressing

1 comment:

RennyBA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.