|Your English Skills:|
Friday, February 23, 2007
For your viewing pleasure I am putting up a quick pic I took of my mangled glasses and another of a running greyhound (one that looks just like Tiges) just so you can see how firece they look when running flat out, even though they are the sweetest creatures, and even though right now I want to put him outside in a small pen so he can't chew anything else for a while.
My lovely dog decided to go counter surfing this morning. C~ made himself some sandwiches from the corned beef I cooked last night and left a few bits and pieces on the cutting board to add to Tiger's breakfast. I forgot it (the corned beef, not Tiger's brekky) and it was still sitting on the cutting board as I sat down to have a cup of coffee. I watched as Tiges came sniffing around the counter and became REALLY interested in the meat. HAH! I thought watching him. The cutting board was ever so slightly hanging over the edge and it hit me that this would be the way to teach him NOT to counter surf. It would fall off if he put his feet on it I knew, so I waited. He turned and looked at me guiltily, then sloooooowly turned back to face THE MEAT. His feet left the ground quickly and as they hit the board I yelled NO! The cutting board fell with a mighty clatter and Tiger ran into the next room. You should have seen his poor face, it was entirely too funny as he peeked around the corner to check out the destruction. I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair, but avoided it... just barely.
Being the neat and tidy woman that I am, I cleaned it all up, then surreptitiously plopped the meat into his bowl and called him over to eat it. He looked so pitiful!
In a pig's eye!
Guess what the sweet little dog of mine, I mean monster did next? Go on GUESS! After he scarfed down the last little bits, he wandered off into the living room for some much needed shut eye. A few moments later I heard him whimpering so I went over to see what was the matter. When i sat down next to him on the sofa, I noticed the mangled bit of greenish blue metal and plastic between his paws. MY GLASSES!!!!!!! My freaking GLASSES! The little monster has eaten my glasses and there is no such thing here as insurance on glasses!. Farkin hell! Now I have to go out and get new ones, and I was just making the point to hubs that I desperately needed prescription sunglasses since mine are from 1998. So, no sunglasses for me now, at least not for a little while. I cannot believe this. *shakes head* How did this happen, I wonder, I have never had a dog chew up anything really important before. I'm just dumbfounded and nearly speechless. Well, at least I have another older pair of glasses that I can wear until I get new ones, they are just scratched a bit so it will need to be soon *sigh*.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Yes yes I know. Everyone is tired. But when I got home tonight I had the most wonderful reception a la Tiger that you can imagine. All whirly birdy tail action goin' on. It was awesome coming home to that. Poor guy, outside all day and Mama forgot da boy's play toys. I am such a bad Mama *sigh*. I did remember to give him a bone before I left, so it wasn't like he had nothing to occupy him all day long, so don't feel too bad for the po' old critter bug.
Sunday afternoon the hubs and I went down to the local cinema and saw Hannibal Rising. Oh yeah, was that ever an incredible movie. I din't get skeered outta my mind like when I saw Silence of the Lambs, nor was I grossed out either. That made me really happy, now I want to not only go back and see all of the films, but also read the books. Egads, I probably won't get any sleep for yonks.
I'll try to write more about it later as I'm so tired, but not only did this virtual unknown (Gaspard Ulliel) do an excellent job in playing the young Hannibal, he captured Hannibal as Anthony Hopkins did. Not to mention that Gaspard Ulliel is quite the good looking frenchman.
Sunday, February 18, 2007
A quick meme I got from margalit:
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5 am
2. Diamonds or Pearls? Pearls, diamonds are my birthstone so I’d prefer something I haven’t had all my life.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Casino Royale
4. What is your favourite TV show? Grey’s Anatomy & Dr. Who.
5. What did you eat for breakfast? Coffee?
6. What foods do you dislike? Liver and Korean Food in general.
7. Your favourite potato chip? I can’t remember the name of them it’s been so long, but they had
8. What is your favourite CD at the moment? George Winston, December.
9. What kind of car do you drive? Don't drive much, but I own a Ford Laser.
10. Favourite sandwich? Corned Beef on
11. What characteristics do you despise? Idiocy, rudeness, know-it-alls, and meanness
12. What are your favourite clothes? I have this beautiful pewter and copper coloured Traditional Chinese style pants outfit with long sleeves and mandarin collar with frogged front closures
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Someplace with snow and great Mexican Food – like
14. What colour is your bathroom? Blue and white.
15. Favourite brand of clothing? DKNY.
16. Favourite time of day? Early mornings when all is quiet and I can have a cuppa and read without interruption.
17. Where would you want to retire to? Anyplace in the world? Probably back home in
18. Favourite sport to watch? Cricket?
19. Coke or Pepsi? Coke, unless I’m in a Pepsi mood.
20. Are you a morning person or night owl? Morning!
21. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I have a new dog! He’s the most wonderful thing, though I do miss my German shepherds that live back home.
22. What did you want to be when you were little? I wanted to be a doctor.
23. What is your best childhood memory? The day I got to play my violin in First Chair at a concert!
24. Nicknames? Kitten, doll, darling.
25. Piercings? 2 holes in one ear, 1 in the other.
26. Eye Colour? Blue.
27. Favourite day of the week? Saturday.
28. Favourite restaurant?
29. Favourite ice cream? Caramel swirl.
30. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Anyplace that sells American clothing.
31. Bedtime? Usually around 9 pm.
32. What are you listening to right now? George Winston, Carol of the Bells.
33. How many tattoos do you have? 1 , a small gecko.
34. Next film you'll see? Hannibal Rising, this afternoon.
35. Tag anyone? montchan.
*edited monday morning because upon rereading this post, I found that I'd inadvertently written in some incorrect info, grrrr. Copying and pasting from another meme somehow got my answers mixed up with anothers*