Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lazy Sundays at home


I'm having one today. Haven't had one of those in a long, long time. I tend to spend them catching up on all the missed housework, homework, and other stuff I haven't had time for during the week.

It's also raining. And cool. And, well, just one of those days you just want to snuggle up under the covers with a fire...except I don't have a fireplace, so I have to make do with a tv instead.

The picture to the left if what it's been looking like around here. It's been flooding....you don't say?

Hah! The storm drains in Brisbane just can't keep up with all the rain we've been having. Now, it doesn't really rain here like it rains during Summer storms in Louisiana or Texas but since the drains aren't equipped to handle it, then we get flooding that looks as bad, if not worse than, flooding I've seen elsewhere.

It's rained so much (200 mm of rain in just 3 days this week = 7.8 inches) that you get the flooding seen above. The power's gone out all over the place, though thankfully not mine, and people are freaking out! Schools have closed and businesses too! Though not my school lol.

Anyway, thought I'd give you a pic of what it's been looking like around here. Oh yeah, and we've had a few landslides as well...too cool to look at.

1 comment:

Aragon greyhounds said...

OMG we so need the rain out here-can you send some our way?
I agree I love the days/weekends where nothing is planned and one can just catch up on any and everything.