Saturday, April 12, 2008

Gas prices

I couldn't believe it when just a little while ago I went out to the local and generally cheapest petrol station and paid an unbelievable $6.50 for a gallon of gas!!!!!! That's regular unleaded too, btw. It was for the lawnmower but I'm just , well I don't even know how to describe how I'll feel when on Tuesday (which is the cheapest day to go to the pumps) and will have to pay over $1.45 per litre for premium gas, which is what we have to use in our car...it's gets about 15% more mileage out of premium than regular so until now has made it worth it to buy the premium.

I can't wait to see what is going to happen next! I know American consumers are complaining that gas prices are the highest they've been since Katrina hit, but imagine how the rest of the world feels when we are paying double!

It's made me seriously consider looking at a hybrid. But then again I just love the Smart Car, but it seems that they are no longer either making or selling the Forfour Smart Car which is definitely what I'd need. Hey, I've got a greyhound and well, even curled up I don't think he'd go for sitting in the front seat of a Smart For2. But I CAN get a used ForFour for around $17K, and a Honda Civic Hybrid is around $32K, with the Prius about 5 grand more than that.

If I just were to go for looks, great car all around I'd give my left pinky toe for a Citroen C6 which I think is about the sexiest car on the planet.

Yup A Citroen, I can soooo see myself driving that one, can't you?

No comments: