Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Diet



Oh. My. God.
Never in my life have I ever seen such a horrible diet. This is not your mother's Weight Watchers diet. I wanted a quick boost to start me off on a weight loss program. Sheesh. This is a soup based diet. NOW I know why Richard Simmons used to call it Live-It, cuz diet has the word die in it. It was supposed to help me lose up to 15 pounds in one week. Okay, seriously, I don't want to lose that much weight that fast, 4 or 5 would be nice to start, k? But the soup was awful tasting veggie soup. The second bowl almost made me vomit. I feel so ashamed! The veggies were so expensive. Luckily, I can use them all for other things.

Ok, so I can deal with the veggies. I'll stick to them and fruit and unsweetened tea, a salad with no oil, just Balsamic vinegar that's so awesomely good I can drink it straight from the bottle, and lots of water. In other words, I'll be a good little girl and eat responsibly again, like I used to.

My body needs me to be good to it. It's definitely been telling on me recently. I am sore all over and not sleeping well at night. As you know, I had back surgery in '03 to remove a tumour on my spinal cord at T-5 & T-6 (Thoracic Vertabrae = upper back). Since then, I have been on controlled doses of medicines for the pain. It's been working well...until recently that is. Now I'm in pain again all the time. Soooo not helping my moods, or anything else for that matter. All I want to do is eat and sleep. Not good considering I have a new job. So, I'm promising myself to start doing better. I need all the encouragement and support I can get.

C~ gets the "Super Awesome Hubster Award" for just being himself. Oh yes, and speaking of DH, he has gotten the job we have been dying for him to get! YAY!!!!!!!! He starts just after the new year. Wooohooooo!

Ikea has a new store here in Brisbane and we just got the new catalogue. Yeah Baby, Yeah! I love Ikea, of course, I'm not the one putting it all together. The only thing I'm concerned about is that they don't seem to make King-Sized bed frames. We want to upgrade to one as soon as we move. Yeppers, we are going to start looking for an apartment or house (hopefully one that will accept dogs) in a couple of weeks. C~ has exams until November 18, and doesn't start his new job until February 7. But I think we can make it on our savings and my salary if we are frugal. We have most everything we need to furnish a new place except living room furniture.

We were able to pick up a 6 person wrought iron and wood table & chairs with black iron bakers rack for a mere $100 AUD. What a bargain. I just need to find a nice material to cover the seats with. At the moment, it's this wierd purple/yellow plaid ewwwwww. Other than that, it's fantastic. LOL! I'm sure I could think of a zillion other things I want for a new place, but don't necessarily need. But there's nothing quite like a good imagination for lovely dreams of things like KitchenAid appliances in some hot new colour, butcher block tables , Henkel knives, and perhaps some odds and ends from Williams-Sonoma. Or this Williams-Sonoma site as well lol.

Yes oh yes, I DO know how to dream and I dream big, too. I have simple needs, really I do. It's my wants that are complex hehe. Little things like birds singing, soft cool breezes, and the smell of freshly mown grass make me grateful to be alive. Things like the above mentioned appliances and homewares make me want to be Suzie Homemaker. Complete with apron a la Mrs. Cleaver.
Oh, the things I can do with a food processor et al. Ok, ok I'll stop.
To be continued.... same bitch time, same bitch channel.

No comments: