Saturday, October 07, 2006

Can't sleep so I read


Since I can't sleep, I decided to get up and do a bit of reading. It seems that the newly proposed border fence between the US and Mexico isn't going to be built. My question always was...just who are they trying to keep in? There's also the issue of The Moron they claim as President. Now, I certainly do not lay claim to being a foreign policy genius...or even a domestic policy idiot. LOL. But I can see, and always have been able to see the Bush is a moron....possibly the greatest of our time. Does he deserve a Darwin award?

See, this is one of the reasons I left. In all seriousness, one of the main reasons I had for wanting to leave the USA is because of Bush. When I meet new people here, one of the first things people say is that I must have voted for Bush or they wonder what I think about the war in Iraq. Honestly, I hate war...for ANY reason. So, no, I don't support an occupation of any kind, either. That doesn't mean that I hold any military personnel responsible (with the exeption of The Commander in Chief) or that I'm unpatriotic, I just plain don't think war is right. But, that's just my little humble opinion.

So, since I cannot sleep I must still be sick...at least a little...this waking up in the middle of the night has been happening for the past week. Aaaaarrgh, I want to sleep. Instead, I shall post a picture of my baby, Baron (Bear) as he is now called. He was adopted by a wonderful lady back home, when she found out that I could not bring him to live with me here. It was an agonising personal decision given his age and health. I thought he deserved better than being dragged around the world and sit in quarantine for up to 6 months. That is Baron (Bear) up on the right. His head still tilts to the left due to seizures he started having several years ago. They never found the cause, but think perhaps it could be small strokes. He is one of the most wonderful, loving dogs, always looking for a new friend. Which is a bit odd for a German Shepherd Dog, but Baron made it work for him. Don't get me wrong, he could be aggressive at times...he was one of the reasons my ex didn't hit me as often as he might have, Baron would insert himself between us and snarl. Talk about a reason to stay away lol. It's not something I like to think or talk about much, so I won't, but if someone has a need to know then I will...kwim?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About Bush, I always say, you can't expect too much from a president named after a part of a female anatomy. Sort of.