Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hoo Boy am I ill


Sheesh I'm ill. I haven't felt this bad in quite a while. I seem to be catching every single bug going around. My immune system sucks the first year I have ever lived in a new place. This year will be over soon, thank goodness because I can't take much more of this. I've slept off and on since Sunday! Was just downstairs trying to make some coleslaw but halfway through I thought (very quickly) I was either going to pass out or vomit. I had enough of the passing out - vomiting thing in my younger years, thanks but, no thanks. So, came up laid out on the bed, panting like a dog and begged C~ to go down and put things in the fridge...like the wonderful husband that he is, he did just that :)

Went for a short walk earlier and thought about a few things. I do this almost daily just to think or clear my head. Seems to work occasionally. I saw the most beautiful Sulphur Crested Cockatoo while I was walking. I am so lucky to live in a place where I can see the most beautiful birds all the time. Yes, I do miss North American birds like Cardinals, Blue Birds, and Hummingbirds....but there is just something so cool about being able to walk outside my front door and see birds that most people only ever see on National Geographic!

No comments: