Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Belated Valentine's Day


Ooohhhhh, I guess I'm still the only one that would give her left arm for a bunch of flowers? I love flowers, I don't care when they come, I don't care if they are a waste of money...to me, they are not a waste if I appreciate them in all their glory until the last brown, dried petal falls off the gnarly, mold covered stems.

So, there you have it, a pic of me and my bridesmaids with the three flower bouquets that I made for us. Yep, that's right, I made them, in fact I did all of the flower arrangements for our wedding. Not too bad for a first timer, if I do say so myself.


Yes the above pic is not the greatest quality, but I don't have any really good close ups of them, but you can at least get an idea of what they looked like.


I wonder why so many do not want flowers. I have always wondered this. Perhaps it is because I have gotten so few flowers in my lifetime. I am a flower and garden lover. My favorite flowers to grow are begonias, though, for me they are one of the more difficult ones. As for the kinds of flowers I would love to receive are... hrmmmmm, let me think. I really prefer wildflowers over pretty much anything. I do love native Australian flowers as well, in fact that is what my wedding bouquet was made from. In case you were wondering, the little dangly things hanging down from my bouquet are brass bells that were borrowed from my mother-in-law that she carried in her wedding. They are attached by white satin ribbons. I still have the bouquet, minus the outer green leaves, as they didn't dry well.

No comments: